Re: choose-process-dialog prob

>>I am using appleevent-toolkit.lisp obtained from cambridge.apple.com
>>to allow me to communicate between MCL and other applications.
>>Most of the functions in the toolkit work fine. I cannot,
>>however, get the function "choose-process-dialog" to work. It brings
>>up the PPC Browser dialog, but when I choose a process and click on
>>"OK" it causes a crash. No crash occurs if I click "Cancel".
>>I'm running MCL2.0b1p3 on a Mac IIsi. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>have you tried using choose-appleevent-target instead?  the following code
>probably does the same thing that you need.
>
>(rlet ((aevt :aedesc))
>      (choose-appleevent-target aevt))

Though Steven Dobb's solution may be the one you want, your bug
reflects a problem that will likely bite you later. It seems that
you did not install the source patches as documented in the instructions
that came with patches 1 & 2. In particular, the STR32 definition
(and each of the other STRxy defintions) needs to be fixed in the file "interfaces;types.lisp".

After making these changes you need to evaluate the following form
(This was missing from the instructions):

(reindex-interfaces)

After doing that, you can start a fresh MCL, recompile
"appleevent-toolkit.lisp", and choose-process-dialog should work.

Alternatively, you can add the following form to the front of the
file "b1-appleevent-support.lisp", though I suggest patching
"types.lisp" instead.

(let ((*autoload-traps* nil))
  (defrecord str32
    (length :unsigned-byte)