[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CL Modules Source Code Anyone?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: CL Modules Source Code Anyone?
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 20 May 92 12:51:27 +0200
some time ago I bought the following book:
Common Lisp Modules
Artificial Intelligence in the Era of Neural Networks
and Chaos Theory
Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991
The source code of the examples in this book should
be available. Does anyone have the source code?
Maybe this would be interesting for the MCL contrib
Contents of the book:
2. Artificial Neural Networks
3. The Substrates of Intelligence, a Neural Network Primer
4. Pattern Recognition Using Hopfield Neural Networks
5. Speech Recognition Using Neural Networks
6. Recognition of Handwritten Characters
7. Adaptive Neural Networks
8. Representing Natural Language as Lisp Data Structures
and Lisp Code
9. Natural Language Interface to a Library Database
10. Expert Systems
11. Heuristic Network Search Algorithms
12. A Chess-Playing Program
13. Introduction to Chaos Theory
14. Fractal Images
The examples were done using MCL. Although I do like the
book and how the author presents the topics, I do have
mixed feelings. I don't like the source code. A redesign
of the programs would ease the understanding. I would
like to have a program where the data structures were
defined with structures or classes. The author uses
lists for this purpose, which I consider "old thinking".
Besides of the many style questions, the examples are very
So, does anyone have the source code?