Re: OODB

Blake Meike asks:
" Can any of you recommend a good book on issues in object oriented databases?"

I really like R. (Rick) G. G. Cattell (of Sun Microsystems)'s "Object Data
Management: Object-Oriented and Extended Relational Database Systems," Addison-
Wesley, 1991.  It's a comprehensive overview that covers not only the theory
of OODBMSs, but the practical implementation issues.  It also relates all of
this to real application needs.  Very nicely done.  I attended Rick's half-
day class on the same subject at the '90 OOPSLA, also a class act.  His
benchmarking work for OODBMSs is widely cited.

Mike Wirth
17519 Hidden Forest Circle
Spring, TX   77379
(713) 370-2965 (office)