Re: *eventhook* question

>I just noticed that a function put into *eventhook* stops getting called
>when there is a break, and only starts again when you return to the
>toplevel.
>
>Is there any way to have that function continue to get called even when not
>at the toplevel?

This has bugged me as well. One of us here in Cambridge was lazy.
In order to prevent calling an erroring *eventhook* function at
break time, we bound *eventhook* to NIL.

I've made a patch that does this the "right" way. Tell me which
version of MCL you're running and ask for "eventhook-patch", and
I'll send it to you.