[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
LOAD vs AppleShare aliases
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: LOAD vs AppleShare aliases
- From: email@example.com (Tom McDougal)
- Date: 4 Jun 92 19:04:48 GMT
- Distribution: usa
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: U. of Chicago Computer Science
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (News System)
LOAD & other filesystem functions do not seem to work across
an alias to a folder on a volume mounted (via AppleShare)
from another machine. Is this a known bug? (using MCL 2.0bp3)
Here are the specifics:
;;; "Common Graphics alias" points to a folder on a mounted AppleShare volume.
;;; When I try to load something via that alias, I get an error:
? (load "Tom's stuff:lisp local:Common Graphics alias:CG.lisp")
> Error: File "Tom's stuff:lisp local:Common Graphics:CG.lisp" does not exist.
> While executing: LOAD
Nor does the directory function show anything in that folder.
When I put a copy of the folder there instead of an alias, things work fine.
Thanks for your help.
-Tom McDougal email@example.com
4493 B.C., Atlas is arrested
for holding up the world.