Re: LOAD vs AppleShare aliases

I think MCL just hands the pathname to the OS, letting it parse it. Apple has
always considered pathnames to be evil (a good thing for end users, maybe not
for developers), and I'm not surprised that the OS does not resolve aliases
while parsing pathnames. You could report this as a bug, but I doubt it will
be fixed.
Either you write your own parsing function (not too difficult), or you argue
with the MCL team that the definition of TRUENAME require them to do what you
want: "The TRUENAME function may be used to account for any file name trans-
lations performed by the file system." (CLtL2 p639).
     Daniel.