[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Writing to floppy disks
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Writing to floppy disks
- From: email@example.com (Michael Pazzani)
- Date: 4 Jun 92 20:38:59 GMT
- Distribution: usa
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Univ. of Calif., Irvine, Info. & Computer Sci. Dept.
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Pazzani)
In MCL2.0f2, (and probably earlier version), when a file is written to
a floppy disk, and the floppy disk becomes full, there is no error or
warning generated. This has caused several of my students to lose
work (My code uses "with-open-file", but I've also seen that Compile
File... doesn't complain. I haven't bothered to try filling my hard
disk, so I don't know whether the problem is more general.
Is there anyway to detect this condition, or falling that, is there
anyway from MCL to determine how much free space is on a floppy disk,
so I can anticipate this error?