Writing binary files in MCL...

   Well, I tried to ask this question once, but got no response, so
I'll try to put it more simply: I'm trying to write objects out and
read them in in a binary file to increase speed and save space.  I'm
using generic functions on the built-in classes/structure classes to
handle the type specific encoding/decoding.  I'm using (write-byte..)
and (read-byte..) to do the file I/O.  I like the generic function
stuff; MCL seems pretty efficient in handling the method dispatch.  I
was wondering, though, if there is a better/faster way to actually do
the I/O?  I don't care if it's MCL-specific.  Any suggestions?

   ...Bill

--
    Bill Andersen (waander@cs.umd.edu) |
    University of Maryland             | clever .signature saying