Memory-hungry problem in MCL version2.01b.

Dear Sir,

  We are a group of researchers at the university of sydney, working on
a project called Electronic
Discourse Analyser for Fujitsu Australia. Last year we purchased a copy of
Macintosh Common lisp version 2.01B for our work. Recently we installed
this system on our Macintosh IIfx, which runs under system 7, and which has
20 megabytes of RAM. We thought with this configuration, there should be no
memory-hungry problem with our application.

  Our application has 30 thousand code lines. It also uses 6 hashtables
which when fully loaded, consist about 2000 records. Each record takes about
100 - 150 bytes. With MACLv1.3 and system 6, there was no problem with
this configuration. However, when we ran our application under the new
environment, MCLv2.01b did too frequent GCs, and sometimes even reported
memory allocation error.

  We have ordered the latest copy of MCL2, but it has not arrived yet.
I wonder with the problem I described above, if there is an easy solution.
Or there are something that I have not done properly with the installation.

  Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

regards

licheng