Re: Newton based on DYLAN?

In article <cici.710690184@gmd.de> cici@gmd.de (Christian Beilken) writes:

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
   From: cici@gmd.de (Christian Beilken)
   Sender: news@gmd.de (USENET News)
   Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1992 13:56:24 GMT

   Hello Netters,

   I have heard the rumour that the new Personal Digital Assistant
   of Apple called Newton is fully based on the language DYLON.

   I have read the article in the July's issue of Byte about Newton,
   but I could not find any hint.

   Who has any more information? Thanx in advance!

   Cici Beilken                                                Email:cici@gmd.de
   GMD                    (German National Research Center for Computer Science)
   P.O.Box	1316		  		         Dept: FIT/MMK (Project GINA)
   W-5205 Sankt Augustin 1, Germany                     Phone:(+49 2241) 14-2642

At a talk given at Xerox PARC, I believe Larry Tesler stressed that while
programming for PDA's is an impetus behind Dylan, the language is
still evolving, is not "released", and it is not being used for Newton.
(And, by the way, not considered a replacement for MCL)
--
Phil Chu
Artificial Intelligence Research Branch