XLISP/XSTAT under Macintosh Common Lisp

>To: stat-lisp-news@umnstat.stat.umn.edu, info-macl@cambridge.apple.com
>Subject: XLISP/XSTAT under Macintosh Common Lisp
>Date: Tue, 04 Aug 92 10:24:05 +0200
>From: hmadorf@eso.org
>
>Hi netters,
>
>I am a happy user of both MCL and XLISP/XSTAT. Of course it is tedious
>to switch between the two environments. Also XLISP does not offer
>the full functionality of CLtL2.
>
>Has anyone made an effort to implement/emulate the XLSIP/XSTAT
>functionality on top of MCL (or another Common Lisp for that matter)?
>
>Thanks
>
>Hans-Martin Adorf
>Space Telescope - European Coordinating Facility
>Garching, FRG

Well, you're in luck!

The XSTAT folks have been working on the Common Lisp port,
which is available by anonymous ftp from
umnstat.stat.umn.edu:/pub/xlispstat/CL/CLS1.0A1.tar.Z

MCL owners don't even have to ftp - it's on the MCL 2.0 cd-rom!
Warning: this code has not been tested (as far as I know) under MCL.
If someone has "Macified" it, please let me know!

 enjoy,
 - steve