Mailing list vs News Group

>Date: Mon, 17 Aug 92 16:00:30 -0400
>Sender: cartier@mipsmath.math.uqam.ca
>To: info-mcl@cambridge.apple.com (Macintosh Common Lisp)
>From: cartier@math.uqam.ca (Guillaume Cartier)
>
>A few weeks ago I got access to a usenet news reader
>and tried out the comp.lang.lisp.mcl group. After reading
>the news for a few weeks, I noticed that some messages
>appearing on the news group never make it to the mailing
>list. Did anyone else notice the same problem?

This is correct - messages posted to comp.lang.lisp.mcl
are not posted to the info-mcl mailing list (although
info-mcl messages are posted to the newsgroup).

I am not aware of any system which would permit doing this
without creating the kinds of infinite loops (and duplicate
messages) we saw just recently on this list. If you have
a dependable solution in mind, feel free to let us know.