Need fast reader of #\Return & #\Tab delimited record files

Dear Friends:

I need to import (and later export) data records in the standard
format which uses #\Return to delimit records and #\Tab to delimit
fields. Before I write this myself (using mac-file-io.lisp) I'd like
to know if anyone wants to share a working one with me and the
community. To the contributor go a modularized result, dinner in
Amherst, and an obsequious thank you message...

matt