Re: Interfacing to I/O boards

>>John Doleac wrote, in a message dated Wed, 12 Aug 1992 15:19-0400
>>"I want to call C functions compiled using Symantec's Think C development
>>system.
>>The manual tells how to use foreign function calls for code
>>compiled by MPW.  This does not work for Think C.  Can anyone
>>recommend a way to overcome this problem?"
>>
>>I believe there are two workarounds:
>>1) If you have THINK Pascal, you can use it to create a library consisting of
>>just your THINK C project. THINK Pascal libraries are the same as MPW object
>>files, and can be used by MCL's FF loader.
>>2) There is a user contribution on the MCL 2.0 CD-ROM that seems to have
>>something to do with loading FF code directly from a THINK C project file. I
>>can't vouch for this, as I don't own THINK C, but it's worth a look.
>>

>A third method is to use CODE resources.
>I have used THINK Pascal to create functions which are then compiled by
>THINK into CODE resources.  These resources can then be called from MCL by
>using ff-call.  The same could be done in THINK C.

If fact, we have here only two methods because the second one is
non-existent.
It would be great if method two existed, but because of the fact that
ThinkC's
project format is private it is unrealisable.

What method three refers to, is exactly what my MCL <-> ThinkC interface
does.
It enables you to easily load and execute code resources generated from
ThinkC
projects.

The latest version of this interface is available as
cambridge.apple.com:/pub/MCL2/contrib/Cartiers-Contribs.sit.hqx

* Guillaume Cartier                 (514) 844-5294 (maison)         *
* L.A.C.I.M.                        (514) 987-4290 (bureau)         *
* Universite du Quebec a Montreal   (514) 987-8477 (telecopieur)    *
* Montreal, Quebec, Canada          cartier@math.uqam.ca (internet) *