Re: Lisp Listener hidden

>Does anyone know how the Lisp Listener is hidden while a MCL
>application runs?  It seems to me the MCL does not provide
>the function for the Lisp Listener.  Is that right?  Thanks.
>
>-JP

The listener is created whenever input or output is done on the default
value of the following streams:

*terminal-io*
*debug-io*
*query-io*
*standard-output*
*standard-input*
*error-output*
*trace-output*

The function BINHEX-TOPLEVEL in the file "ccl:examples;binhex;binhex.lisp"
illustrates binding *terminal-io*, *debug-io*, and *standard-output* to
a bit bucket stream to prevent the appearance of the listener.