[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: cut-and-paste in modal dialogs
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: cut-and-paste in modal dialogs
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr>
- Date: 24 Sep 92 09:08:00 GMT
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 24 Sep 92 09:08:25+0200
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 24 Sep 92 09:08:00 GMT
Sorry, Steve, you're wrong. System 7 enables the Edit menu in modal dialogs if
there are text edit items and the application does not take over.
This does not happen in MCL dialogs (except system dialogs such as Print or
PutFile) because MCL uses Fred dialog items rather than text edit. The solution
is to have MCL update the menus after the dialog is up (preferably not with
MENU-UPDATE, since this is a special case, where most menus must be disabled).
I've reported this as a bug, but probably too late for 2.0 final.