saving images in mcl

I noticed that the documentation for the save function was out of
sinc with the actual software in the version I was looking at
here at ISI.  I assume the documentation was ahead, since it had
MORE arguments than the implementation.  Is there a new release
due out soon that offers the extra arguments?  Assuming yes,
how small can you make a saved image if you use all those
arguments?  Is there something like a tree shaker planned or
available?  And is there something that has to be done in order
to make sure that the image contains the code for all the functions
that I actually call?  Ideally I'd like to be able to get a
distribution license (or whatever you call it) and send someone
one floppy disk.