Re: MCL to C conversion?

> From: ckrug@chem.ucsd.edu (Christopher Krug)
> Date: 18 Sep 92 17:46:50 GMT
>
> I've seen in comp.lang.scheme that there are Scheme to C converters.
> I am working on a project where the speed of development is crucial
> and so is the speed of execution.

It would be unwise to assume that the Scheme implementations that work
by translating to C are the fastest Scheme implementations around.  They
were done that way to make it easier to port them among different computers
that all have C compilers, not for speed of execution.  I don't have any
speed figures myself, but C probably gets in the way of efficient execution,
so you should get the facts before you make a decision.