Re: printing broken under Syste

>REGARDING                printing broken under System 6
>I have an application that I would like to run both under System 7 and
>System 6.  I am using MCL 2.0.  Is this in general known to work?  In
>particular, printing seems to be broken under System 6.0.7.  If I have
>some Fred window and I try to print it using the Print command from the
>menubar, it works fine under System 7 but under System 6.0.7 I get the
>following error:
>
>> Error: Can't load printer.
>> While executing: CCL::PRCHK
>

>Is there any way to make this work?
>
>Thanks,
>Laura

Someone here had the same problem in System 7 a few days before
you sent your message. The solution appears to be to select a printer
in the chooser.

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1992 10:44:28 -0500
To: bug-mcl
From: jh@ministry.cambridge.apple.com
Subject: can't load printer...

I hadn 't yet selected a printer on my new Quadra, and tried to print a
Lisp file.

> Error: Can't load printer.
> While executing: PRCHK
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the Restarts  menu item for further choices.
1 >

Selecting a printer made this work, but we ought to be able to detect this
error and prompt the user to select a printer.