Re: clos destructors

>Something I can't find any reference to in the clos literature is a
>destructor function.  For standard LISP objects I don't need it, since
>GC takes care of this for me, but what if my objects contain Macintosh
>records (or some other non-lisp data structure)?  I need to deallocate
>such beasts before the object gets destroyed.
>         Jeffrey

I answered via e-mail, but it made me wonder?
Is there a transportable CLOS method that gets called on a CLOS object
immediately before it is GC'ed?
And if not, why not?  It would seem extremely useful.  Presumably other
systems than MCL use some low-level data when it comes to interface.
Failing such a CLOS method, is there an undocumented method in MCL that
will do this?
"TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@ils.nwu.edu