Re: text-edit-dialog-items

Mark's comment about exported symbols was correct.

>> Another problem is the use of a window record. Since there is only one
>> reference:
>>             (if (rref wptr window.hilighted)
>>          (_TEAcitvate :ptr hTE))
>> I changed this to:
>>     (if (window-activate-p w) (_TEActivate :ptr hTE))
>
>Answer:
>You don't need to change this. The code works correctly. When a subview is
>active, the user can type in the text-edit field.

It appears that you are using an old version of text-edit-dialog-item.lisp,
possibly the one that shipped with 2.0b1. Which version of MCL are you running?
The one that shipped with 2.0b1 contained the following form:

(eval-when (eval compile)
  (require 'traps)
  (require 'records))

The "records.lisp" file in the library folder of 2.0b1 contained a definition
for the "window" record, which makes the code above work. The 2.0 final version
says (if (rref wptr windowRecord.hilited) ...) which will autoload the
windowRecord definition from the interfaces folder. If you are using 2.0b1,
I suggest that you upgrade to 2.0 final. There were a few other bugs in
the "text-edit-dialog-item.lisp" example file that were fixed between 2.0b1
and 2.0 final (and the new file may not work correctly in 2.0b1).

Mark's comment about basic-editable-text-dialog-item being internal to the CCL
package is also correct. Both the 2.0b1 & the 2.0 final versions of the file
say (in-package :ccl) at the top, so I'm at a loss to understand how you managed
to read the DEFCLASS form in another package.