Controlling non-modal dialo

REGARDING                Controlling non-modal dialogs
REGARDING                Controlling non-modal dialogs
For a project we are working on we need to control other appliactions from
within MCL. One thing we haven't been able to solve is handling NON-modal
dialogs. One solution that would work for us is some function that could be
called with a character, corresponding to the first char of the name of a
dialog-item, eg calling (PRESS-ITEM #/C) to press a button named "Cancel".
(Note that this function should find the handler to the dialog itself) Has
anyone done any work to solve this. Anything would be of great help.
Thanks,

Andre Koehorst
Research Institute for Knowledge Systems
Maastricht (the best known totally insignificant town of the world)
The Netherlands
email: andre@riks.nl