Controlling non-modal dialo

   Date: 9 Nov 92 12:23:00 U
   From: "Andre Koehorst" <andre_koehorst@riks.nl>

   REGARDING                Controlling non-modal dialogs
   REGARDING                Controlling non-modal dialogs
   For a project we are working on we need to control other appliactions from
   within MCL. One thing we haven't been able to solve is handling NON-modal
   dialogs. One solution that would work for us is some function that could be
   called with a character, corresponding to the first char of the name of a
   dialog-item, eg calling (PRESS-ITEM #/C) to press a button named "Cancel".
   (Note that this function should find the handler to the dialog itself) Has
   anyone done any work to solve this. Anything would be of great help.
   Thanks,

There is an undocumented, unexported subclasss of dialog
ccl::keystroke-action-dialog.

view-key-event-handler ((dialog ccl::keystroke-action-dialog) char)
will call (dialog-item-action item) on the first enabled dialog
item in dialog for which the first character of the dialog-item-text
matches char.