Re: parallel text dialog items

In <1992Nov9.172923.6367@midway.uchicago.edu> Tom McDougal <mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu> writes:

>>I want to have text appear simultaneously in two places within a
>>window.  A variant on the text-edit-dialog-item (from the examples
>>folder) would be fine, but I'm not sure how to pass the key-events
>>to multiple dialog items.  Several attempts so far have failed.

Do you need the user to be able to type into either window?

I'd suggest that you create two editable-text-dialog-items that share
a common buffer, by munging the "FREC" slots of the
editable-text-dialog-items. Since they now share a buffer, this
obviates the need for spoofing keystrokes to one dialog item when the
user types in the other.

You'll still need to force an update of the second dialog item every
time the first is redrawn.