GECO v1.0 now in the cambridge archive

I'm announcing public distribution of a genetic algorithm shell I have
been working on in my spare time for the last couple of months.  It's
available on cambridge.apple.com in /pub/mcl2/contrib/ as the following
files:

GECO-v1.0.cpt.hqx	binhex'd Compact Pro archive
GECO-v1.0.tar.Z		compressed tar file for Unix machines (no MCL fonts)
GECO.abstract		a brief description

I've also updated the ABSTRACTS and README files.  The abstract file is
appended to this message.

George Williams            BCS Huntsville Artificial Intelligence Center
Boeing Computer Services   Internet: george@hsvaic.boeing.com
POBox 240002, M/S JY-58    UUCP: ...!uw-beaver!bcsaic!hsvaic!george
Huntsville AL 35824-6402   Phone: 205+464-4968 FAX: 205+464-4930

Genetic Evolution through Combination of Objects (GECO)

GECO is a toolbox for constructing genetic algorithms. It provides a set
of extensible classes and methods designed for generality. Some simple
examples are also provided to illustrate the intended use.

Author:
    George P. W. Williams, Jr.
    1334 Columbus City Rd.
    Scottsboro, AL 35768
    george@hsvaic.boeing.com

Bug reports, improvements, and feature requests should be sent to
george@hsvaic.boeing.com. I will try to respond to them. Ports to other
lisps are also welcome.

GECO should be completely portable among CLtL2 compliant Common Lisps,
though it has presently been tested only with the following lisp
implementations:
 - MCL 2.0 (Apple's Macintosh Common Lisp)

Version History:
1.0 16-Nov-92	GPW	Initial public release.