can I copy to a drop folder?

I would like to be able to copy a file to a "drop" folder, a folder into
which I can drop things (with the Finder), but which I am not allowed to
open.
Using COPY-FILE directly doesn't work, because COPY-FILE tries to look
into the folder, and thus violates the protection of the folder.
Is it possible at all to do such a copy-operation from MCL?  If not, is
it possible to do it by sending appleevents to the Finder?
Espen J. Vestre,                          espen@coli.uni-sb.de
Universitaet des Saarlandes,
Computerlinguistik, Gebaeude 17.2
Im Stadtwald,                          tel. +49 (681) 302 4501
D-6600 SAARBRUECKEN, Germany           fax. +49 (681) 302 4351