[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Logical pathname bug?
- To: "Mark A. Tapia" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Logical pathname bug?
- From: cfry@MIT.EDU (Christopher Fry)
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 92 19:45:04 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks forthe logical pathname tutorial.
Definitly FAQ material.
From your message:
Here is the replacement in MCL final which uses logical hosts:
(setf (logical-pathname-translations "mcl")
(list (list "mcl:**;*.*"
(setf (logical-pathname-translations "Utilities")
(list (list "Utilities:**;*.*"
The first arg to logical-pathname-translations, according to
CLtL2 is a "host".
In your example, I can almost believe mcl is a host, but
no way can "Utilities" meet my notion of a "host".
If the way you describe it is in fact how it works, CL2
has sure made the concepts difficult by the misleading