Re: rlet keyword documentation

> I was wondering where the documentation was for all the possible keywords
> that can be used with rlet.  The documentation under rlet doesn't list them
> and since it is a compiled macro, there is no way to look at the source and
> see what values it tests for.

Well at the risk of talking to myself, I found the answer and wanted to post it
in case it wasn't obvious to anyone else.  It turns our that there are two global
variables:

                     *record-types*

                            and

                     *mactypes*

 which return:

(:GDEVICE :PICTURE :PENSTATE :WINDOWRECORD :GRAFPORT
:PATTERN :BITMAP :RECT)

and

(:INVALID-TYPE :STRING :OSTYPE :POINT :TEHANDLE :HANDLE
:QELEMPTR :ARRAY :POINTER :UNSIGNED-LONGINT :LONGINT
:SIGNED-LONGINT :LONG :UNSIGNED-LONG :SIGNED-LONG
:UNSIGNED-WORD :WORD :SIGNED-WORD :UNSIGNED-SHORT
:SHORT :SIGNED-SHORT :INTEGER :UNSIGNED-INTEGER
:SIGNED-INTEGER :BYTE :UNSIGNED-BYTE :SIGNED-BYTE
:CHARACTER :BOOLEAN)

respectively.

There should probably be a cross reference to these variables in some of the
sections that allocate records, such as rlet and %stackblock so the new user
has a place to begin.

             Jeffrey

Jeffrey Kane, MD
Kane Biomedical Systems
Boston, MA

Internet    jbk@world.std.com
Compuserve  74206,640
AppleLink   D0738

[Don't take life too seriously... it's not like anyone gets out of it alive.]