Basic color use in MCL

  I just want to draw some stuff in a view in various colors.  I have
an application with a bunch of subviews inside a view inside a window.
The stuff I want to draw is in the innermost subviews...

  I tried the following....

(defclass my-view (view) ())

(defmethod view-draw-contents ((self my-view))
  (with-focused-view self ; maybe this is redundant
    (with-fore-color *fancy-color*
      (with-pstrs ((str "Hello!"))
        (#_DrawString str)))))

  But the string just gets drawn in the default foreground
color of the outermost window.  What's the deal?  Could someone
supply some examples of how to do stuff with colors??  Maybe
post it to the archive????

  Thanks...

  ...bill

--