Basic color use in MCL

>From: waander@cs.umd.edu (Bill Andersen)
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
>Subject: Basic color use in MCL
>Date: 22 Nov 92 08:59:04 GMT
>
>  But the string just gets drawn in the default foreground
>color of the outermost window.  What's the deal?  Could someone
>supply some examples of how to do stuff with colors??  Maybe
>post it to the archive????

One possibility is that you forgot to specify :COLOR-P T when you created
the window. (I know, I know, I get burned by this myself a lot too. We'll
change the default for :COLOR-P from nil to t in a future release).

You can make sure this doesn't happen by adding this to your window's defclass:

(defclass my-window (window)
  (... other slots ...)
  (:default-initargs :color-p t))

I've written a pretty simple example file, available in our user library
as cambridge.apple.com:/pub/MCL2/contrib/window-example.lisp.