Another ANSI standard question

Intro:

  Last week I developed an extremely elegant package to
  help manipulate destructive operations. With it, I was
  able to easily convert my 3D graphics library so that it
  would operate in constant memory (and also very fast).

The problem:

  I just realised that my code violates vote 36 of the new
  ANSI standard! i.e. my code happily destroys constants that
  appear in executable code. Unfortunalety, it seems to me,
  to be the only way of elegantly doing things.

The question:

  What's the wall of brick waiting to fall on my head if I
  continue with this way of doing things? Glups...

Looking forward to your answers!
Guillaume.

* Guillaume Cartier                 (514) 844-5294 (maison)         *
* L.A.C.I.M.                        (514) 987-4290 (bureau)         *
* Universite du Quebec a Montreal   (514) 987-8477 (telecopieur)    *
* Montreal, Quebec, Canada          cartier@math.uqam.ca (internet) *