non quoted arguements

Hi !  This seems dumb to the extreme, but I am stumped.

How does one write a function/macro/anything to return the input, like the
old nlambdas and fexpers used to do?  The reason:  I'd like to track what I
do without having to quote everything.  Say, track-it, which returns the
value of foo, but pushes the symbol foo onto a list:

(setq bar '(a list with data))   (defparameter *all-new-names* '(some old
names too))
(track-it bar) --> (a list with data), and   *all-new-names* = (bar some
old names too)

Thanks
--Dave
David S. Bright                        bright@enh.nist.gov
Microanalysis Research Group
National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST, formerly NBS)
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
USA
301-975-3911