speed data point

I have a lot of experience running the same lisp program both on a IIfx (36Mb)
under MCL and on a Sparc II (64Mb) under UNIX/Franz Allegro 4.1.  The Sparc can
only consistently produce a factor of 2 speedup.  (Once in a while 3x but
never more and sometimes only 1.5x).  This is over many different types of
cpu-bound application.  When I start doing disk i/o, the IIfx slows somewhat
but that probably reflects more about the IIfx disk i/o architecture
than the lisp speeds.

-- Bob