[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
speed freak buys farm?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: speed freak buys farm?
- From: slack@starbase.MITRE.ORG (M. G. Slack)
- Date: Mon, 28 Dec 92 11:32:25 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Michael Hauser's message of 26 Dec 92 04:38:46 GMT <1992Dec26.email@example.com>
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Hauser)
Summary: how about multiple Radius Rocket 33s?
Date: 26 Dec 92 04:38:46 GMT
Organization: Netcom - Online Communication Services (408 241-9760 guest)
Have you considered using multiple Radius Rocket 33s instead of a farm of
Quadra 950s? The horsepower is the same but the Rockets would have the
advantage of much lower cost and faster data transfer between processors
(using RocketShare). You should be able to use several Rockets per host
Mac, depending on the number of slots and power supply.
Good luck with this one. I have a Rocket and am very dissapointed to find that
MCL is about the only application that I cannot run on it using the new
RocketShare environment to which you reference.