[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: upgrades
- From: email@example.com (Bob Hall)
- Date: Sat, 16 Jan 93 12:05:00 EST
Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about IIci upgrades.
Evidently the Apple people are putting together a more comprehensive
study of the issue, but I'll just summarize as follows
- Bill suggested using a video card, since if you don't then the video
contends with the cpu over memory.
- Short of a video card, others have recommended switching to black and white
video instead of color.
- Also, there was a suggestion to put the smaller
of unequal memory chip sizes in bank A, decreasing the likelihood of
a collision between video and cpu. e.g. 4M in A and 16M in B.
- Several recommended a cache card, such as the Daystar Powercache or the
Apple IIci cache card.
- Others have said Radius Rocket 33 runs MCL, but Rocketshare doesn't yet,
but that's okay unless you want to do some things that need Rocketshare
- There is also an Apple upgrade path involving swapping the motherboard
and some other stuff, which is more expensive, but maybe more compatible.
-- Bob Hall