Re: Mother ship App. (distributing FASL files)

> Turning MCL into a multi-applications environment will probably
> require more thoughts, and a much longer liist of conventions.

Well,  bluntly,  I don't know if anyone really wanted an 'applications
environment' when they bought MCL.  And,  clearly,  no Macintosh programmer
is looking for yet another list of conventions.  As promised,  MCL
does infact make stand alone applications,  even though they're too big
to be of any use to anyone,  but making it into a runtime environment
is simply avoiding the issue entirely.  The fact is,  MCL makes B I G
CLUMSY and BUGGY applications--a review of this mailing list will give
you all the evidence you need.  It's evident that people are constantly
working on the buggy aspects,  but it's also very clear that nothing is
being done about the B I G and CLUMSY 'feature'.  And,  clearly this
has been a problem for a long time:  here's an exerpt from an article