print-u bug?

I'm having a problem with print-u.lisp (the version 1992-10-27 with
the private print records).  When I start up MCL 2.0p1 and
load print-u.lisp, the "Save" menu item no
longer works correctly.  For example, I open a fred window, make
some changes, and then choose "Save" from the File menu.  The file
gets properly saved to disk, but the little up-arrow in front of the
window name does not disappear and MCL thinks the window is still
dirty.
Am I doing something stupid?
The problem does not go away when I load the print-port-patch.fasl.
Dale Skrien