[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Doing "replace" in Fred
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Re: Doing "replace" in Fred
- From: email@example.com (John Kim)
- Date: 21 Jan 93 04:48:33 GMT
- Keywords: replace in Fred
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- References: <1jl8phINNdmi@mensa.usc.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (John Kim) writes:
>I'm using MCL-2.0f and like Fred because it works almost as Emacs. But to my
>surprise, there doesn't seem to be a way to replace (change) one string to
>another, the feature which comes very handy in a programing environment. Am I
>Please email me.
OK. I got it. (shame on me.) It was there in the Edit menu under SEARCH
(command-F). My absentminded mistake was in trying to do it in EMACS fashion
(looking for an extended, Meta-x, command.)
Thank you for all your help.
Joung-woo John Kim email@example.com
Computer Science Dept.
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0781