Re: how to change stack size?

>Could you tell me how to change stack size of mcl2?
>
>Looks like I have to do it, since I am now calculating integers
>as big as (expt 10 300000).

Are you really running out of stack, or are you running out of
heap? (expt 10 300000) requires about

Stack overflow reports "Stack Overflow":

? (defun foo (x)
    (foo x)
    nil)
FOO
? (foo 1)
> Error: Stack overflow.
> While executing: FOO
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the Restarts  menu item for further choices.
1 >

Out of heap reports "Memory allocation request failed":

? (make-array (Expt 2 24))
> Error: Memory allocation request failed.
> While executing: %MAKE-UVECTOR
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the Restarts  menu item for further choices.
1 >

If you're running out of heap, you can increase the size of MCL's partition
by using the "Get Info" command on the Finder's "File" menu, or by
specifying a :SIZE option to SAVE-APPLICATION.

If you're running out of stack, you can change MCL's LSIZ resource to
allocate more stack either with ResEdit or with the :MEMORY-OPTIONS
option to SAVE-APPLICATION. See the MCL 2.0 Release Notes for details
on the :MEMORY-OPTIONS keyword.