Re: sound manager questions

> Any hints and ideas for a solution are welcome. I'm thinking of storing
> the patterns for each character, e.g. the character "q" sounds like
> "dah-dah-dit-dah" and have that played by the sound mangager. How
> can I program the sound manager to play such sequences (with various speed)?
>
> P.S. Why does the mac generate these nasty "clicks" when the sound ends?
> Any way to avoid this?
> Stefan Bernemann
why not use the square wave sound generator. That way you could encode
your entire morse code message before playing it asynchronously. Input
to the square wave generator is a sequence of triplets (frequency,
amplitude, duration--60ths) stored in a handle.  This will also eliminate
the clicks between dahs and dits, while giving you the opportunity
for background processing.
     -john