Re: Running old (1.3.2) MCL on a Quadra

In article <9302050310.AA09174@cambridge.apple.com> Steve Strassmann,
straz@cambridge.apple.com writes:
>In general, you can disable the 040 cache using a control panel that's in the
>system folder of every Quadra (unless of course someone threw it away).
Or unless it wasn't installed in the first place.  The installer script for
system 7.0.1 and (I think) for 7.0 do *NOT* install the Cache Switch.  You
have to go the the TIDBITS disk and put it over by hand.  The 7.1 installer
doesn't appear to do this.  I guess this is a feature designed to encourage
people to update their software :-)

Douglas Merrill
Visiting Scholar
The Institute for the Learning Sciences