[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: changing stream element types
- To: email@example.com (Richard D Ferrante)
- Subject: Re: changing stream element types
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bill St. Clair)
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1993 09:24:15 -0600
- Cc: email@example.com, kab
At 9:53 2/11/93 -0600, Kim Barrett wrote:
>> Is there any way to change the element type of an
>> input-binary-file-stream on the fly?
>> The (setf (slot-value .... method will change the value of the slot
>> but does not change the number of bits read with a (read-byte ...
>> CLtl2 does not appear to mention anything about it.
>There might be non-portable ways to (sometimes) do this in some
>implementations, but there is not any way to do it in general portable code.
MCL doesn't currently support this. Making it do so is probably not hard,
though I don't know for sure. If you really, really need it, you might
convince me, though remember that you'll be writing non-portable code.