Sideways fonts??!!

I'm relatively new to both MCL and the Macintosh in general and am wondering
how the Mac handles landscaped or sideways font printing - and in particular
if it's possible to access them under MCL. I've looked at tech. stuff on
the Font Manager and NOWHERE could I find any ref. to font rotation, etc..

If it's not possible - then perhaps is it possible within QuickDraw, to
rotate a pict (ie capture text as a pict, then redraw it rotated 90 degrees).

thanks for any help...