Re: color-parts

In reply, J.R. Gersh writes:

> This sounds like a situation where one wants to have a window with a
> colored background and dialog items in it whose bodies match the
> background.
>
> In that case, under System 7, the active parts of checkbox and radio-button
> dialog items take on the color of their containing window's :content
> color, rather than their own :body color.
>
> So you have to do
>
> (set-part-color the-window :content the-desired-background-color)
>
> for the window containing the checkbox or radio-button.
>
> Setting the window's :content also seems to set its background-color
> as well.

I'd like to do that, I'd also like for them to be different.  However, this
doesn't work.  I thought of it and tried it, to no avail.

What I'm doing exactly is putting a buntch of dialog items within another dialog
item witch it also a view.  Sometimes I'd like the view and the window to be
different colors.  BTW, set-color also fails to work with the view.

Tod

--
Tod Casasent                       == "Second from the right and straight on
casasent@optlab2.bk.tsukuba.ac.jp  ==  'til morning." - Peter Pan