Re: color-parts

In article <9310010421.AA04042@bukko.bk.tsukuba.ac.jp>, Tod Casasent wrote:

> I am trying to set the :body color for
> 	static-text-dialog-item
> 	radio-button-dialog-item
> 	check-box-dialog-item
> however, it does not work for any of them.  I wrote my own fix for
> static-text-dialog-item, but the othertwo are a little more complex.
>
> I have tried before and after methods, but these get overwritten or over write
> the check or radio-button.  If I add an additional view-draw-contents with a
> call next method, I can color the background, but the check/button does not
> appear until you check it.
>
> Does anyone know a fix for this?

This sounds like a situation where one wants to have a window with a
colored background and dialog items in it whose bodies match the
background.

In that case, under System 7, the active parts of checkbox and radio-button
dialog items take on the color of their containing window's :content
color, rather than their own :body color.

So you have to do

(set-part-color the-window :content the-desired-background-color)

for the window containing the checkbox or radio-button.

Setting the window's :content also seems to set its background-color
as well.

=== John R. Gersh                        John_Gersh@jhuapl.edu
=== The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
=== Laurel, MD 20723                           +1(301)953-5503