Packages

I am a little confused on how *package* is handled in MCL. It seems like
each window has a package associated with it and when that window is
frontmost *package* is bound to the window's package. However, when I
have this in a fred-window:

(in-package "CL-USER")
(defpackage "CLOADER" (:use "COMMON-LISP")
                      (:export *file-table* *root*
                               *verbose* initialize-file-table))
(in-package "CLOADER")

and I evaluate the buffer, the package associated with the window stays
as CL-USER. When I have this in a fred-window:

(defpackage "CLOADER" (:use "COMMON-LISP")
                      (:export *file-table* *root*
                               *verbose* initialize-file-table))
(in-package "CLOADER")

and I evaluate the buffer, I get an error. What I want to happen is that
the window gets the package "CLOADER" associated with it. How do I do
this?

Robby