Re: Slightly Disappointing Review of MCL 2.0 in October MacWorld :-(

In article <9310060741.AA05689@ki6.informatik.uni-hamburg.de> Rainer
Joswig, joswig@informatik.uni-hamburg.de writes:

> MacWorld:
>   "PROS: Includes easily extensible EMACS-like editor; includes good
sample
>   code; compatible with CLOS; excellent documentation in manuals and on
>   CD-ROM.
>   CONS: Limited interface construction tool does not include CLIM."

I have the impression that CLIM, though excellent for developing
cross-platform Common Lisp software is not exactly what you would use for
specifically developing a Mac interface.  Isn't CLIM in many respects
out-of-tune with the Macintosh Interface Guidelines?
  Would anyone who have used CLIM extensively like to comment on this?

 Espen J. Vestre,                                  espen@coli.uni-sb.de
 Universitdt des Saarlandes,
 Computerlinguistik, Gebdude 17.2
 Postfach 1150,                                 tel. +49 (681) 302 4501
 D-66041 SAARBR\CKEN, Germany                   fax. +49 (681) 302 4351