Fred Cursor

 >To: info-mcl@ministry.cambridge.apple.com
 >From: ogus@gaulois.berkeley.edu (Arthur E. Ogus)
 >Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
 >Subject: Fred Cursor
 >
 >Is it possible to change the Fred insertion cursor, e.g. to make it
 >larger, thicker, or into a rectangle instead of a line?  The only
 >cursor resource that Resedit reveals is the GC cursor, so I don't see
 >how to change it using the standard resedit methods.
 >
 >Thanks in advance.

I think MCL uses the standard System cursor, which is #$ibeamcursor.

You might find this in your System or Finder, but I don't usually
recommend people go mucking about in their system folder with ResEdit,
unless they like to live dangerously.

There's several utilities which thicken up the ibeam cursor, most of
these were written for Powerbook users for whom the LCD panels need
this sort of thing. Try the info-mac archives at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu:/info-mac/