Protecting MCL application

I'm considering adding software protection to MCL application.
I read some information on HASP key. The sceme is to supply
object code and a key which you hook up to the ADB port.

Normally this object code is linked to C. The code implements
a couple of functions that allow you to check if the key is
found in the ADB port.

Does anybody have experience if this works with the foreign
function interface within MCL? Is the external object code
saved when I perform save-application?

Any suggestions which protection key is the best? Please use
email, I'm not regularly here. I'll summarize the post and
resend it here when finished.

Peter Stone
Tonality Systems
psto@hacktic.nl