[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mcl hardware configuration query
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: mcl hardware configuration query
- From: email@example.com (James Anderson)
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1993 00:12:28 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: netmbx, Berlin, Germany
i'm moving a large graphics/simulation system back to MCL from
a UNIX lisp environment. i was thinking -- quadra 650 with as much
memory as i can afford, but there's always more than meets the eye...
would an experienced MCL'er be kind enough to offer advice about
effective system configurations? i tried the short faq on
cambridge.apple.com, but it wasn't very specific. for example:
can anyone offer rules of thumb for relative address space sizes
decstation/lucidcl v/s mcl?
is system 7's virtual memory effective enough to use it?
what ratio physical-memory to swap space does one go by?
is any one disk better than another - or just as fast as i can get?
anything else i should keep in mind?